The 8 American Types and How to Use the Question Tables
- There are three separate tables, each corresponding to a primary or core trait. Read each question and circle the number that best approximates how strongly you identify with that item. Don't analyze these, as there are no right or wrong answers! Go with your first impression.
- Add up your ratings at the bottom of the table.
- Then circle the ONE letter at the bottom of each table that corresponds to your total score.
- Use the letter matrix on the page following the last table to find which type you are closest to.
- If your score for any one table is within one point of changing your letter code on any or all of the tables, you can go back and see which of The 8 American Types that new letter code combination could also become.